7.20.2009

Corporate Entry Update (during)

The painting is done! Engineer Jeff stayed late Friday to help prime and we came back Saturday A.M. to put on the top coats. The accent wall is as close to our Belwith red color as I could match with paint chips at the hardware store. A designer here suggested that I could have gotten paint that was the Pantone color . . . perhaps next time. Has anyone done that?

After painting, my friend Lauren and I took off to see what furnishings were available within the budget. A new sofa and cocktail tables are on order! Her creative idea to use marble will bring texture to the tables, for which I've signed up the model makers to help realize her vision. I love working with creative and skilled people - so much is possible!

Now, to figure out what material to use for the logo . . . It's going on the red wall. We've discussed brass, gold leafing, and sandblasting mirror. If you have any ideas, please leave a comment. -Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous20 July, 2009

    The paint looks great! It's amazing how much that did to modernize the space. Keep up the great work.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. K. Koskela21 July, 2009

    Like the wall color! It adds some needed zing I think. I don't think I'd go with mirror, since it would be reflecting the doorwall and outdoors....it seems anything sandblasted on it (or etched which might be easier) would get lost. What about colored plastic letters mounted slightly away from the wall? I like the idea of some translucency. The only problem would be the color of the red element in the Belworth logo...since it's your wall color.

    ReplyDelete