8.17.2009

Gold Leafed Logo


Our red accent wall needed a bright logo. We toyed around with using sheet brass, metallic sticking paper, and spray paint. In the end, gold leaf won. I wandered around Hobby Lobby looking for a good metallic material and came across packets of variegated leaf, with colors of gold, copper, and light blue and greens. The variety of colors, I thought, would look great on the red.

Despite it being my first time using gold leaf, it was easy to follow the steps: prime, base paint, spray adhesive, brush on the flakes, and seal.

Irv and Gary, part of our model making team, cut out the 36" tall logo from a laminated MDF using a band saw. Jeff finish sanded and primed. I applied the finish. Jeff helped me to stick the logo to the wall (yea for tall people!).

You can see one of the pieces in progress and the finished logo. It seems to be a hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment